Thursday 15 October 2009

The Saint and the Sinner

Under the scorching sun the saint struggled to keep his pace of walking on the rugged terrain. Old and haggard, the saint felt the earth under his feet so hard and dry that it is difficult for him to move forward. Besides, he is feeling very thirsty; overhead the Sun is not kind towards him; he visualized that his end is near; death is around the corner; if only he can have little water……..
The saint kept on trying to bring his feet together; he saw some vegetation ahead. He tried to keep his drooping head straight and straddled few more steps. Then he realized that he is passing fairly green ambience. He decided to rest and looked for water to quench his thirst. The saint saw a man walking towards where he sat with a water pitcher on his shoulder. “What a boon” he thought “the God has been so kind “. He greeted the man carrying the water pitcher and asked him to give little water. The man readily agreed; poured water into a cup and offered it to the saint.
At this moment, the saint glanced on the face of the man; his cosmics immediately struck the saint. With a sense of revulsion, the saint spurned the helping hand of the man. “You have murdered so many people, raped so many women, plundered belongings of many; how can I accept water from you at my dying moment; you are an out and out sinner; I rather pass away with unquenched thirst rather than drinking water out of scoundrel like you “moaned the saint.
On hearing this lament, the sinner started crying. “Oh saint, have mercy upon me; it is true that I am a sinner and all what you said about me was nothing but truth; still my heart is paining for you; you must not reach the God with thirst on your tongue; please take this cup; I beg you. May the good Lord forgive you for drinking water from a sinner like me at your last breath” pleaded the sinner.
The plea of the sinner moved the saint; he took the cup and drank the water contentedly. As he finished drinking water he saw angels descending; he felt cooling breeze surrounding him; sweet smell pervading in the air. “The God is making my last moment on earth pleasurable indeed” is the thought that crossed his mind. Feeling a sense of peace and serenity the saint turned to the sinner to thank him for his help.
Alas! The sinner has already fallen dead with a cute smile on his face. The angels headed by archangel carried the soul of the sinner in a long procession. Stunned, the saint looked up to the heavens. The God spoke to the saint: “Oh Saint, you have given salvation to one of my creation. I extend your life span. Go forth, and bring many of my creations to the path of truth. I wish every one of my creation receives salvation before his end”.
After receiving the God’s command the saint continues his mission till today.

Muthu Ashraff
Cosmic Adviser
Mobile:   +94 777 265677
E-mail:    cosmicgems@gmail.com

No comments: