Thursday, 25 June 2015
Norms in our society require us to talk and not communicate via our glance. In fact, during childhood mothers teach us not to look at others eyes or to stare at them. As a result, we have not realized the power of glance in our eyes. Verbal communication apart, we can also show suggestion or intimation via eye glance. Here is a primer:
Even Victor Hugo admitted that, love between two persons begin with a power of glance. Although critics and cynics pooh pooh this as love at first sight, generally love begins instantly when two lovers make eye contact rather than because of studious analysis. A glance facilitates two persons to get in touch via eyesight, which transmits light waves between them. The mind intercedes, transmutes it as affection, and pass it on to the spirit, which ultimately gives the go ahead for the romance to begin and blossom.
Glance can range within positive and negative spectrums. Love, kindness and intimacy border on the positive segment while hate, tread and falling apart perch on the negative side. A gaze can be touching and refreshing whereas a stare can be obtrusive and make one uncomfortable. You can send signals of your selfish concerns like sexual urge and entertainment or profound feelings such as equanimity and harmony with others. Glance can last longer than necessary or be a fleeting look carrying a snap message. It also differs between searching one and piercing one.
Glance can say briefly and effectively your intention better than your speaking at length. Power of effective communication is key aspect in a perfect glance that transmits the message to the receiver crystal clear. For example, your subordinates suggest a method to fight your competitors in the market, which according to your company policy is unethical. A short snappy glance at him tell him to keep away from it rather than your giving him a big lecture on company policy.
Suggestion and intimation of an idea can be effected via a glance. Christopher Lee, famous actor in Dracula and Fu Manchu films has mastered the technique known as “Power of Suggestion”. True enough, his steely gaze can chill your spine and scare your wits out, but it also indicates the message he wants to tell you without using any verbal communication. Hence, piercing glance has come to be identified as personal branding of Christopher Lee.
Even you can learn to use glance as a medium of non-verbal communication. To begin with, assess your personal cosmics paying special attention to your eyes and the power of its gaze. Secondly, look at the mirror and practise eye movement towards eight directions. Thirdly, look at the mirror for few seconds without batting an eyelid. Over time, you have to increase the duration to one to two minutes. Finally, learn to adjust the glance to give high tone, middle tone and low tone messages.
Mobile: +94 777 265677
Tuesday, 23 June 2015
In various stages of your life, you have to make the right choice between two or more alternatives. Education, career, marriage, home, business are five main areas out of several where you need to choose what works well for you. Here are few tips on how to make right life choice:
Be Yourself: This is the number one hint given by psychologists and life trainers. Think in terms of who were you in past who are you in present and who you wish to become in the future. These are the three absorbing questions for you in making life choice. Let me talk about your career. Assume you are cadet officer in the army at present and you wish to become a captain quickly and aspire for the post of brigade commander in the near future. You have to assess how you fared in the past and how you can make a try on this promotion now. One thing that can motivate you more is the elevation of rank in your career in army or for that matter anywhere.
Keep your eyes and ears open: See and listen are two ingredients for your success. Let us talk about your home. You are going to move into a spacious house larger than what you are living in now. What do you see in the proposed new home what you hear from the neighbours of that home and about the area and location. Finally, how do you feel about the new home? At this point, you must listen to your inner voice that whispers in your ears. If everything is fine then surely you are going to have pleasant living at new home.
Trade-off between emotions and reasons: Most failed decisions perch heavily on one side of this spectrum. Some get too emotional to start a romance that goes to flamboyant marriage and then end in disastrous divorce. Others get too calculating. They do not look at the comely figure of beau; but how she can be of use in raising family or helping in career prospects. They are condemned to hell as their calculations fail to materialize. What you need is a balanced approach of weighing emotions and reasons together.
Break out from the safety net: It is easily, said than done. All of us are attuned to what we call a comfort zone. We stretch little bit this or other side but the borders of safety zone has never been breached. Safety first, is the mantra that has chastened us often. In managing life choices, you must take risk and brace out from the safety net. Of course, you cannot simply get out if this zone if there are not many alternatives. This is especially true in business. Most of you feel comfortable in doing what is easy and average performing rather than getting into business that demands hard work with more profitability.
Analyze your cosmics: Everyone has personal cosmics. Traits and characteristics that are ingrained in a person due to his genetics, environment, upbringing, personality. These cosmics reside in a person often unknown and unrealized. For example, you always feel happy when you are looking, touching, smelling flowers. Yet, you never thought of it seriously and went on to become an engineer. After a decade or so, you feel tired and wish to be associated plant and flowers. Love of flowers is something that is imbued in your personal cosmics. If you had done a cosmic analysis, right at the beginning of your career you would have become a successful florist rather than a tired engineer. Even now, it is not too late. Go to your garden, talk to the flowers, and thereafter talk to me.
Mobile: +94 777 265677
Thursday, 18 June 2015
The life force in you is your spirit that directs, drives, commands, steers, pulls and pushes you towards set of actions in a given circumstance. Heightening spirit is done by using one or more of seven ways. Here is a review:
1. Your name matters a lot in keeping your spirit up. When you think of your calling name, do not fret about its meaning. Check how the name is sounding. What is the reaction it creates in others and how it resonates with them as they listen to your name?
2. Your predominant element decides how high spirited you are. There are four elements: fire, air, water and earth. Each can impact your spirit in its own way. Learn how your element is working in tangent with you to keep your spirits up and do the needed adjustment.
3. Numbers have a big say in your affairs. There are two types of numbers: odd and even. Generally, numbers go from to zero to nine. Odd numbers are 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. Even numbers are 2, 4, 6, 8 and zero. Find out what numbers work for you and choose them in your life.
4. Symbols are of direct relevance to your spirit. If you suffer from episodes of low spiritedness then choose a symbol that can up-lift your spirit. Symbols harmonize your spirit with your thought and action. So use an appropriate symbol in your jewellery, tiepin, cuff links, and belt. You can also keep a symbol in your working desk for further kick.
5. Mantra is next in importance. Chanting or repeating a mantra works positively in getting your spirit up. You can choose an appropriate mantra that works in harmony with your personal cosmics.
6. Time is in essence always. Proper timing helps you in wakening your spirit up during bouts of despair or depression. You feel blue once in a way. Sometimes this low feeling can continue for few days. Then, put an effort to enforce a timetable for your affairs. So that you can stick to it. In itself, a timetable is a big motivator. Besides, learn proper time to rise from bed, having your calisthenics, munching your breakfast and dressing up to go for work and so on.
7. Last on the list is your direction. There are 360 degrees in the entire gamut of directions. For convenience, we have divided the globe into four cardinal directions of north, east, south and west along with four quadrants: northeast, southeast, southwest and northwest. Do a cosmic analysis to find out which cardinal direction or quadrant applies to you. Afterwards, make it a habit to turn to this direction and breathe the air for few moments. You will see wondrous results as your spirit rises sky high.
Mobile: +94 777 265677