Great men throughout ages practise meditating during sunrise. If you do this meditation, you can improve your personal cosmics. Here are tips to make sunrise meditation easy.
1. Rise early in the morning, gargle your mouth, wash your face and feet and then drink little water before you start your meditation. For sunrise meditation, water is key element.
2. Generally, the sunrise meditation starts 90 minutes before the actual sunrise in the horizon. You can choose a convenient slot of 30, 60 or 90 minutes before sunrise as your time.
3. There is no specific place for meditation. You can be at home, in the garden, travelling or even flying in a plane.
4. There is no special posture or position required. You can sit, stand or walk about during meditation.
5. Relaxation is the key for meditation. You must relax your body head to foot and your mind. A misconception is that, if you are walking you cannot relax. Heartbeat and mind beat are not one and the same.
6. It is better to face your cosmic direction, failing which East or North. If you are travelling, you can ignore the direction.
7. Focus and concentration is only a by- product of your meditation. If you do meditate for a considerable period, you tend to develop focus and concentration. There is no need to split your hairs to focus on an object or condition your mind. Let it come spontaneously.
8. Always, attach yourself to this world. Do not try to become an ascetic. There is no need for you to deny yourself worldly pleasure. Meditation, of course builds up self-discipline that might contribute to self-denial of pleasure and self-control over internal and external pressure.
9. Incantation of mantra, chant, hymn and a group of words is an excellent idea. If you wish, you can chant a chosen mantra 108 times or multiples of number 9 in any combination.
10. Finally, as you conclude your meditation, once again drink little water and sprinkle water in front of the rising Sun.
Keep in touch.